Doctor of Philosophy
VIT Business School offers a Full Time PhD programme in Management to nurture world-class researchers who will have successful careers in academia and industry. Candidates can enroll for this research degree in various areas such as Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Operations and Systems.
About the Program
- Opportunity to pursue research in diverse faculty in management and allied areas
- The doctoral program of VITBS encourages transdisciplinary researches in the contemporary field of management. The program facilitates application of models and management theories and emphasizes ethical practice in research
- Follows a well-designed admission policy and process- the selection is based on Research Entrance Examination and Personal Interview.
- University offers Teaching and Research Scholarships to eligible Internal Full-time Scholars
- Doctoral Committee recommends the course works to be completed based on the scholar’s research topic; Research Methodology for Management is a compulsory course for all the students
- Provides a collaborative research environment and encourages students to attend Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Doctoral seminars, Colloquium, and Thesis defence Viva-voce
- Prepares students to conduct and publish research in peer-reviewed journals and take up academic positions in management schools or work as a management consultant in consulting companies
- General Management
- HR and OB
- Finance, Accounts and Economics
- Production, Operations, Systems and Quantitative Methods
Vellore Institute of Technology Research Entrance Examination (VITREE)